Online Banking is Now More Secure Then Ever
Security State Bank is proud to deliver a higher level of security for our Online Banking clients. We have enhanced our Multifactor Authentication (MFA) software by adding an additional layer of security to our log in process, better safeguarding the privacy and security of your financial information.
How does MFA work?
Multifactor Authentication is a layer of security added on to the log in process to help ensure that your information is safeguarded. It helps you know that you are at Security State Bank's legitimate Online Banking site and helps us identify it is really you logging in to your accounts. MFA is very easy to use and there is no software to install. Just follow the instructions to enroll and learn about the enhanced log in procedures for Online Banking.
Enroll into MFA
To enroll into MFA, follow these steps:
- Log in by entering your current Access ID. Click LOG IN.
- Enter your current password. Click SUBMIT.
- Complete the Set Security Data information.
- Provide a current email address.
- Provide answers for 3 Challenge Questions.
- Select whether you are logging in with your personal computer, or a public computer. Only register personal computers that you frequently use and are not available for public use.
- Click SUBMIT.
Log in with MFA
Once you have enrolled into MFA, follow these steps to log in.
- Log in using your current Access ID. Click SUBMIT.
- If you are using a computer the system does not recognize, you must complete a Security Challenge.
- "Answer Challenge Question": you must answer your Security Challenge question correctly in order to proceed to log in. Type your answer in the input box and select whether you are logging in with your personal computer, or a public computer. Only register personal computers that you frequently use and are not available for public use. Click SUBMIT. Note: You have a total of three (3) chances to answer your Security Challenge question correctly before you are locked out. If you are locked out, contact Security State Bank at 218-927-3765 for assistance.
- Next you will be asked to enter your password. You have a total of three (3) chances to answer your password correctly before you are locked out. If you are locked out, you can use the “Forgot Password” feature to unlock your account and you will be provided a temporary via email to unlock you online access, if you have questions contact Security State Bank at 218-927-3765 for assistance.
- Your browser address bar is green you are on our trusted site, then enter your password. If the address bar is not green, do not enter your password. Contact Security State Bank at 218.927.3765 for assistance. Click SUBMIT. Note: different web browsers will display the trusted address’s as a trusted site, example:
- Internet Explorer:
- Google Chrome:
- Mozilla Firefox:
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Select OPTIONS from the main menu.
- Select EDIT under Security Data.
- Edit your security questions.
- Click SUBMIT.
That's it. You are now securely logged in to Online Banking.
Change your Authentication Security Challenge Questions
That's it. The next time you log in, your new Authentication security question will be displayed.
Questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.